9.21.2004

burning the 3 am oil...

Another loooong day/night of studying and hopelessly trying to get through my history reading. No night at College library is complete without seeing various members of the Moslem crowd (M Unit!). I unsuccessfully tried to lure my favorite Ashraf sister to the library, but she declined saying she would only socialize at the library. That Muny, she's a smart woman-- I should have done the same. But I do work fairly well under pressure. (yah riiiiight) I also lost in a heated competition of Zuma with my midget twins, Renee and Fadi. They're pretty hardcore. Its almost inspiring really... almost being the operative word here.

I've also got a really bad cough. I feel fine its just that I sound like the Lochness monster. Actually, the tone of my voice varies. Sometimes I sound like an endearing pre-pubescent boy with a very squeaky voice. Mostly though I sound like an aging geriatric woman whose forgotten to take her hormonal supplements. Hmmm.... I wonder if this is any sign of rapidly waning youth? Let's hope not. But one has to wonder when your friends start talking about your "shelf life" in your prescence.

3 comments:

Aishah said...

It might mean,it's time to shake off the dust and pardy. ;) By the way do you want me to make you some lemon and honey tea for your cough? :p

Anonymous said...

The correct spelling is Muslim not Moslem. The later has a bad connotation to it in Arabic. The same goes for Mosque. The correct word is Masjid.

*fsm* said...

i'm aware of the connotation of "moslem" and "mosque." if i use the word moslem, i'm being facetious since so many non-muslims say it that way. and i never use the word "mosque"- it seems unnatural.