9.18.2004

Opening a New Chapter

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful...

"The Opening Chapter" also know as Surut-al-Fatiha, is the first sura in the Holy Quran. The chapter is seven lines long and is often the first sura that many young Muslims learn and memorize. Its the one chapter that Muslims read over and over again every time we pray. To me, so much of the essence of being Muslim and the meaning of this life is embedded in al-Fatiha. At this stage in my life, I personally feel like I am opening a new chapter. The beautiful thing about that is that everything has greater meaning and more clarity. It is a real blessing, alhamdhulillah.

So I've tried a couple times to join on the blog-o-rama bandwagon, and have failed twice. Ahhh...but as the adage goes, third time is a charm! I love to rant and rave about pressing current events issues that face the world and my community, just as much as I love to rant and rave about the most banal things. If anything, I love a novel, new hobby to procrastinate my days away... thus the birth of my blog.

But I've had a long day of learning to speed-read through horrificly boring Irish history textbooks, cleaning my apartment, and trying to get the theme song to The Snorks out of my head. So with that i'm off to dreamland.

No comments: